Careers at E-Ko
Join our team at E-Ko.
Take a look at our exciting opportunities below or if you want to be guaranteed an opportunity with E-ko then BOOK in for our Training Courses: Tour Guide Courses
Captains position operating Tours in the sheltered waters of Queen Charlottte Sound.
Working with a positive team to provide exceptional service levels to Tourists and focusing on Wildlife Experiences.
Experienced Captains with over 2 years on vessels over 12 m or Trainee Captains with under 2 years experience may apply.
Minimum Local Launch Operator with Radar Course or similar qualification with over 12m endorsement for Restricted Limits
Positions can either be part-time or full time depending on applicant.
Successfully complete a Training period for Dolphin swimming, previous experience is preferred but not essential.
- Complete all onboard maintenance required unsupervised
- Complete all MOSS required documents onboard
- Train onboard staff in Operations Manual and Safety
- Display confidence in delivery of Captains Information after training period
- Time management for Trip schedule to be accurate
- To be confident with a a good skills set for handling small vessels in all weather conditions
- Liaison with Senior Captain and Operations manager on operation improvements
- To display leadership skills to Staff and have a clean and tidy appearance
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
E-Ko is one of New Zealand’s top eco-tourism companies.
We need your help and we are willing to pay you for that help. We are looking for people like us who are enthusiastic about the fantastic New Zealand natural environment and wildlife. The more people whom experience our environment, and appreciate it, the better our future is.
E-Ko provides the best Wildlife Experiences in New Zealand and employs highly qualified guides.
E-Ko is rated an average of 4.5/5 stars across a range global travel review sites.
E-ko is rated the best in NZ of the 15 places in the world where people can swim with wild dolphins.
E-Ko operates the best wildlife tours in the Marlborough Sounds.
E-Ko provides logistical support to the NZ Department of Conservation and supports their efforts across multiple wildlife sanctuary islands where New Zealand’s rarest and threatened species are protected.
We are involved in developing tourism and sustaining the pristine beauty of one of New Zealand’s most precious natural assets – the Marlborough Sounds.
We cannot afford huge marketing budgets or national advertising campaigns so we are exploring if there is a better way we can encourage people to come and explore this amazing place we try and look after for all of us.
You will be paid to sell our award winning tour products to both local residents and tourists in your geographic area.
You will receive a commission for every tour sold and taken.
We will provide you with the following:
- Your own login code to the E-Ko web site to check your status
- Access sales support material and make bookings via the E-Ko booking system
- A totally automated payment system that will pay 12% commission of each tour to your account
Our tours range from $49 to $280 so your recruits will earn from $4.9 to $28 for every tour sold.
You will earn $19.8 - $56 for every 10 tours you sell.
In addition, there is an attractive bonus system for tour sales above 50 in a month which we provide details of when you sign up.
High Tourist areas like airports, bus stations, train stations, ferry terminals, cruise ship arrivals , large hotels , local events , main shopping areas or were large numbers congregate and can produce 5- 25 sales per hour for an effective sales person.
The sales process
E-Ko will provide you with the following:
- Sales process that is totally web based and will be accessible from any PC, Tablet or phone
- There is a 3 page digital sales brochure plus a link to a sales video for all products
- There is a link to the E-Ko online booking form which is linked to the commission payment system.
You will be an Independent Sales contractor, your own Boss.
We will provide training materials
How to Apply
If you have any questions or want to apply for a Sales Position, please drop me an email.
Ph 03 5738040
How to Apply
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Services Assistant
This position is to help our active Shop Team selling Land, Sewa and Air tours. You will work with our current team to offer exceptional Customer Service.
Promoting and Selling will also be required within the local area of the E-Ko Product range.
Customer Service Assistant role can be either for a younger person expanding their skills set or for an experienced person who wants to work within a growing sustainable business.
Customer Care Skills
- Able to handle customers from different cultures (languages, accents, ways of negotiating…)
- Able to keep a professional attitude towards ALL customers
- Able to handle complaints and difficult customers, partners or/and suppliers
- Able to handle email requests with professionalism
- Use of Outlook, Excel, Word
- Booking system
- Able to manage a cash flow (especially during refunds period)
- SOCIAL MEDIA interest and experience
- Organised & able to report to the Shop manager and CEO.
- Follow Pro-forma Office Procedures and policies.
- Tidy and clean: it is essential to keep Shop area and Reception areas clean and tidy at ALL TIMES. Hence taking initiatives to check and clean public areas regularly
- Willing to commit 2 days plus all cruise ship days, approx 30 Hours
- Able to work flexible hours with own transport: from 07:30 to 18:00
- A young person with the ability to grow with a passionate attitude towards Wildlife
- Someone that enjoys customer Service
- Happy disposition, positive attitude and an easy smile
How to Apply
Send CV to email@example.com