Things To Do, Places To Stay & Other Valuable Links
Quality Tourism Operators (Besides ourselves of course:))
- Sounds Air is a locally owned and operated airline based at Picton Airport, in the heart of Marlborough, New Zealand. Sounds Air links the North and South Islands between Wellington, Picton, Blenheim and Nelson
- New Zealand Ski Online
- Taupo Lake Adventures
- Windhawk Helicopters. Helicopter adventures/VIP charter/ Scenic flights & Transfers to wineries, restaurants, resorts & lodges, flyfish for wild Brown trout, or enjoy an exquisite heli picnic. Personalised tours.
Picton, Blenheim & the Marlborough Sounds Accommodation
- AAA Marlin Motel: Find a friendly welcome at your second home. 19 apartment (1 and 2 bedroom units) and studio style units nestled in the heart of Picton, handily located close to both the ferry terminals.
- Aldan Lodge Motel: 16 well equipped studio, family and 2-bedroom units. All units have cooking facilities and serviced daily.
- Bay of Many Coves Resort: Bay of Many Coves Resort has the splendour of the Marlborough Sounds at its doorstep, bush clad hills that stretch forever outback and not a road in sight.
- BEC Spa Resort: Five star luxury accommodation with spectacular views of ocean, mountains and vineyards. Relax in our spa pool and steam room. Enjoy a rejuvenating spa treatment. BEC Spa Resort, near Montana winery.
- Colonial Motel , Blenhiem: Colonial Motel is a Qualmark-rated 4-star motel and provides modern rooms with great facilities to travellers. It could be an ideal accommodation for your guests who want to explore Marlborough region and want to base themselves in Blenheim.
- Escape to Picton: Escape to Picton Boutique Hotel offers luxury accommodation with a discerning restaurant and wine bar. It is situated in the heart of the picturesque town of Picton.
- Furneaux Lodge: Escape away from the hustle and bustle, and make your way to Furneaux Lodge Marlborough Sounds accommodation and its beautiful, tranquil grounds. This magnificent Marlborough Sounds lodge is an exclusive bush retreat and eco-resort, steeped in history: perfect for a romantic weekend getaway.
- Koromiko Homestead: Delightful relaxing self-contained Qualmark 4star bed and breakfast accommodation set within extensive gardens nestled in beautiful countryside. Conveniently located between Picton, the magical Marlborough Sounds, and the vineyards of NZ’s largest wine region.
- Lochmara Lodge: Lochmara Lodge is an accommodation lodge and cafe in the Queen Charlotte Sound. Visitors can interact with NZ's flora, fauna and art at the Wildlife Recovery and Art Centre.
- Marineland Heritage House B&B/Motels: We are one block from the wharf area where the boats depart for the Queen Charlotte Walking Track. Luggage storage is available while walking the track. Ideal accommodation for guests traveling alone.
- Marlborough Hotel Accommodation Blenheim Marlborough New Zealand
- McCormick House: Boutique Hotel, private native garden, 3 luxurious ensuite bedrooms, Queen, king, superking or twin beds. Separate guest lounge/dining, lavish gourmet breakfasts. 100% pure Egyptian cotton linen
- No Road Inn: With fantastic birdlife in virgin native forest the new waterfront lodge the NO ROAD INN offers quality accommodation on the Queen charlotte track. Enjoy a hammock or hot tub under giant rimu trees
- Picton & Sounds B&B Association: Choose from a variety of B&B accomodations in Picton
- Picton Beachcomber Inn: 34 quality units, located on the waterfront 1 minute walk from town centre Bar/restaurant with magnificent views Refurbished units, luxury spa units
- Picton Lodge Backpackers: Comfortable backpacker accommodation close to ferry terminal. Booking agent and information centre for marlborough activities
- Picton Top 10 Holiday Park: A bed for every budget from tent sites to tourist flats. swimming pool, childrens playground. BBQ's games room Member of Top 10 Holiday Parks Group Qualmark 4star+
- Portage Resort: Escape to the Portage Resort Hotel, to relax, fish, swim, kayak or enjoy a taste of Marlborough's finest cuisine and award winning wines
- Punga Cove Resort: Set amongst stunning scenery in the magnificent waterways of New Zealand's Marlborough Sounds, Punga Cove Resort is the perfect retreat for people wanting to relax in style
- Sequoia Lodge Backpackers: Welcome to our warm (log fires roaring), friendly and relaxed, family owned. Roaring log fire, great music, character, friendly, genuine people
- Smith's Farm Holiday Park: Centrally located in the Marlborough Sounds, Smiths Farm is an ideal base to relax in or adventure from. The setting is peaceful and quiet and the facilities are modern and immaculately maintained
- Tombstone Backpackers: Opened late 2006, Tombstone Backpackers is locally owned and operated. New owners Gary & Nikki live on site to help make your stay be pleasurable.
Te Mahia Bay Resort: Te Mahia Bay Resort is on the waterfront and has a choice of heritage units modern motel units or waterfront apartments.
Tirimoana House: Tirimoana House is a character filled luxury B&B which enjoys stunning views over Queen Charlotte Sound and is located 30 minutes from Picton and the renowned Marlborough wineries.
The Gables: Ian and Paula welcome you to ‘The Gables,’ a charming and historic residence situated close to all Picton's attractions and amenities.
Villa Backpackers: The Villa Backpackers Lodge is a 100 year old character home with The Cottage next door, homestyle hospitality — small and friendly with beautiful gardens, relaxing verandah, large private backyard, great music, and all the facilities you can expect from a good hostel.
Waterfall Cottage, Luxury Bed & Breakfast Accommodation: Brand new for the 2009/2010 season, your own romantic, bay-window cottage, completely detached from the main house in a pretty garden setting by a waterfall, just perfect for two adults. Whether you are a couple wanting complete privacy, a seasoned traveler or a first-time visitor to NZ, this delightful guest facility will create a memorable experience.
Wedgewood House YHA: Centrally located. Twin, double and multi-share rooms available. Courtesy vehicle is only a phone call away.
Whatamango Homestay: Free standing self contained home hosted accommodation, offering seclusion, direct access to the beach and drive on road access.
New Zealand Accommodation
DeBretts Thermal Resort
Lake Taupo Lodge
The Bed and Breakfast Book New Zealand : Accommodation NZ: The New Zealand Bed & Breakfast Book is New Zealand's most popular B and B accommodation guide. It lists more B & B accommodation than any other publication in NZ. Whether you choose to stay at a homestay, farmstay, cottage, hotel, or luxury boutique inn, you will find our hosts offer superior hospitality.
Tauhara Sunrise Lodge
Accommodation in Australia
Daintree - Cape Tribulation Heritage Lodge Rainforest Resort & Spa: Daintree Cape Tribulation Heritage Lodge & Spa is an Australian Daintree rainforest spa resort offering luxury boutique accommodation for that perfect getaway or retreat.
Transportation in and around New Zealand
Sunrise Holidays Campervan Hire : Motorhome New Zealand: Enjoy NZ at your pace in a Sunrise Holidays Campervan. No hidden costs and our money saving "tips n tricks" will allow you to spend more money on living the experience.
Tui Campers Limited New Zealand - Tui Campers is one of New Zealand's leading rental vehicle companies and is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service for budget minded travellers. We have been in operation since 1983 and specialize in catering to the international tourist market.
Omega Rental Cars New Zealand Ltd : NZ Car Hire
https://www.vroomvroomvroom.co.nz/locations/picton/ - Compare rental car prices and make sure you get the best deal.
Miscellaneous 'Interesting Things'