Do you have a love of marine animals?
Would you love to share that passion with people from all over the world?
Then you should become a qualified tour guide - and get paid to do what you love!
The WCA Level 2 CMG Certificate is also accepted by New Zeland Immigration to allow you to apply for an Essential Skills VISA to live and work in New Zealand 🙂
NOW available in 2020; RWDG Course Online
FREE Training Samples below 🙂
WCA Training System
Level 1 - RWD Guide
Level 2 - Certified Marine Guide
Level 3 - Senior Marine Guide
Level4 - Guide Trainer
Level 5 - Course Director
Level 6 - WCA Global Council
WCA Quality Assurance and Global Partnership
E-Ko Tours has been selected by the World Cetacean Alliance to offer a series of qualifications offering career progression as a marine guide. From Level 1 to Level 5.
These Qualifications be recognized by all 120 partners of the World Cetacean Alliance - meaning your qualification can take you all over the globe.
These qualifications will build on existing courses offered by WCA partners wherever possible with the intention of ensuring consistency and trust for partners, for employees and all concerned with responsible tourism.
These courses ensure maximum applicability to other work situations, to opportunities through life-skill development and, through the prestige within the quality assurance systems, to other industries, too.
LEARN MORE BELOW
Senior Marine Guide Online Course - NOW in 2020 - Experienced Guide Certification . Global release Special $199
WCA Senior Marine Guide Course
Professional Level 3
COURSE COST AND REQUIREMENTS:
Level 3 - Complete 12 Months as a WCA Level 2 Guide; $199. NZD
Level 3- Have 24 Months Experience as a Marine Guide $199 NZD
Level3 -have 36 Months of Experience in a similar Industry - apply by email.
Online Course, 10 hours of WCA Training System learning
Online Course 10 hours of Species Specialty, Expert Guiding skills Training
1 hour of online Video Assessment and Review with Guide Trainer
1 Hour of Video Exam with Course Director
Extra tuition available at $50 an hour
WCA TRAINING FACILITY LOCATION
No 1 Wellington Street
Picton, New Zealand,
WHEN CAN I START THE COURSE?
Online Course can be started at any time from any location on the Planet 🙂
Guide Trainer available Monday to Saturday, 0800 - 2000
Appointments confirmed by email.
BOOK NOW to become a SMG Guide
Have your Experience recognized and become Certified by the WCA
- Career advancement as a professional Marine Guide
- Recognition of your existing experience and skills
- Focus on self-improvement and awareness of your attributes as a guide
- Entry to WCA Recruitment page as an SMG Guide
- Download WCA Training Record Book (TRB)
- Record Valuable Sea time in TRB
- Record WCA Training in TRB.
- WCA Certified Marine Guide Certificate (CMG)
- Option to apply for Essential Skills Visa to live and work in NZ
- Individual Partner membership alongside the world’s experts on whales and dolphins (worth £100!)
- Option to get involved with Partner working groups
- WCA Global Best Practice and local legislation (WCA Specialty)
- Expert tips and advanced guiding techniques focused on self-improvement (effective communication, expert delivery of tour content, facts and information)
- How to deliver excellent quality commentary that is engaging, even in the absence of wildlife or in difficult situations
- Expert customer service skills
- Methods for self-improvement as a marine guide
- How to advance your career in the industry
- Senior marine guide responsibilities and expected capabilities
REQUIREMENTS TO PASS THE COURSE:
- Demonstrate you have worked a minimum of 12 months as a Certified Marine Guide with a WCA partner
- Demonstrate you have been fully employed a Marine Guide for 24 months prior to learning
- Have extensive knowledge of 10 WCA specialties
- Independently undertake full guiding trips, be able to work with and instruct/direct a second or assisting guide
- Be proficient at completing various checklist systems and assist in making sure other staff are utilising these effectively
- Supervise/delegate and work as a team with fellow guides, captains and other staff members to ensure that all tasks are completed in full
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Deliver excellent quality commentary that is relevant, factual, and engaging, even in the absence of wildlife or in difficult situations
- Advanced guiding techniques, focused on continued self-improvement
- Have a wide knowledge base on marine species encountered during tours, with an extended focus on delivery, content, and style
- Quickly and accurately identify animal behaviours, respond accordingly, and be able to assert when an approach is not suitable
- Fully understand and assert WCA best practice and local legislation on how to behave around marine mammals
Location, Facilities and Online Materials
FREE Samples of Online Training Below
Ready to find out more or Book?
Contact Miranda our WCA Guide Trainer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimonials of Graduates
WCA Guide Recruitment. Contact Direct SMG Guides available for Work
Hire An E-Moped
Hire an e-moped e from our shop and take a cruise around Picton in the coolest way possible - without breaking a sweat.
We have high quality e-mopeds for hire at just $50 per hour.
The Best Experience
✓ Exclusive No SeaSickness Guarantee
✓ Experience Wild Dolphins
✓ Free Wi-Fi
✓ 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal
✓ Perfect for families - the kids will love it!
✓ Fully Guided - we don't leave you on your own
Free Coffee and Wi-Fi
We are located just minutes from the Interislander ferry terminal, and when you are at our shop, you can use our free Wi-Fi (it's fast!) and customers can enjoy a free coffee or tea.
E-Ko Tours lets you experience Picton/Marlborough better than the rest