Online Marine Guide Courses - Train to become a Marine Guide
Do you have a love of marine animals?
Would you love to share that passion with people from all over the world?
Then you should become a qualified tour guide - and get paid to do what you love!
As tourism continues to boom in NZ, E-Ko Tours has been selected by the World Cetacean Alliance to offer a series of qualifications offering career progression as a marine guide.
1. Complete Online Marine Guide Diploma= $499: ( New, available 1st July 2020 )
2. 5 Day Practical Certified Marine Guide = $499 ( Picton, New Zealand )
3. Complete Both above Items to receive a Certified Marine Guide Certificate or Read Below and contact ;
Training Manager to Book 15 day Course in Picton, Miranda; email@example.com
See Josephine who has Completed the Courses and Now Works as a Guide for E-Ko.
It will be recognised by all 140 partners of the World Cetacean Alliance - meaning your qualification can take you all over the globe.
This Online Marine Guide Course can be completed anywhere in the world at your own pace and time frame. It should take between 10-30 days to complete depending on your available time.
With the Online Guide Course, you will receive a Diploma of Achievement issued from E-Ko and WCA.
All the required Academic content to allow you to become a Certified Marine Guide is completed in this Online Diploma.
Then approach any registered WCA Training Facility with WCA to complete 5 days Practical Marine Guide and gain valuable work experience to receive the Certified Marine Guide Certificate.
These qualifications will build on existing courses offered by WCA partners wherever possible with the intention of ensuring consistency and trust for partners, for employees and all concerned with responsible tourism.
E-ko Tours Registered WCA Training Facility
Online Marine Guide Diploma
E-ko located in Picton with 20 years of Guiding Experience and an Experienced Course Director and Training Manager.
Our Online Marine Guide Course completed anywhere Globally uses material developed over 20 years to make sure you learn in the best way possible.
We will also assist with any Job application with us or any other WCA partner Worldwide using the Online Marine Diploma or we can recommend other training facilities or partners to take you through the Practical part of becoming a Certified Marine Guide.
These courses ensure maximum applicability to other work situations, to opportunities through life-skill development and, through the prestige within the quality assurance systems, to other industries, too.
E-Ko Tours and World Cetacean Alliance. Online Marine Guide Diploma . Online Course - 10-30 days $499
E-Ko Online Marine Guide Diploma
The Online Course with E-Ko to become a Marine Guide ensures the best possible career start for you and a road map to success.
At E-Ko we offer the best training in Oceania in a sheltered safe environment for learning about Dolphins, Whales and Fur Seals. 5 Species of Dolphin are found locally and we are on the main Humpback Whale migration path.
We work with the Department of Conservation to help stabilise several rare and endangered species found locally like the Hectors Dolphin. Our local variation only has less than 35 individuals. Bottlenose Dolphin with less than 1000 in New Zeland and over 200 locally. Dusky Dolphins and also Orca and Common Dolphins regularly. In Winter we are the closest point that the migrating Humpback whales come to in New Zealand and operate Tours during the main migration.
This makes this course unique, mammals and sea birds will be covered as a subject base and practical tips and tricks developed over 20 years working within an operating ethical tourism business.
The aim is for you to become confident with Marine Guiding Content so you can go directly to be a volunteer/ Intern or complete 5-day Practical Marien Guide Training to achieve a Certified Marien Guide Certificate.
Online Modules include
- Complete Species speciality Courses
- WCA World Best Practice Guidelines
- Become an Online Marien Guide and receive a Diploma
- Binocular use and technique Training
- Learn and practice delivering the commentary on Tours
- Learn the various systems used for Guiding
- See the Practical Video series with our Guides giving instructions on technique
- Pre-tour set-up on both boat and office depending on the tour.
- Learning safe procedures – including setting up the back deck for dolphin swimming, safety briefing, safe swim procedures, emergency procedures, a swimmer in distress procedures and communicating with the skipper.
- Learning proper searching techniques for whales, dolphins and other wildlife.
- Learn about the Humpback whale migration path and history.
- Learn about Seabirds
- Learn to spot, identify and distinguish between the species in the marine environments.
- Learn how to act in a responsible and sustainable manner around wild animals.
- Learn to understand and identify animal behaviours – particularly dolphins.
To Register your Interest please contact our Training Manager MIRANDA ;
MOBILE ; +64 223 441 946
Hire An E-Moped
Hire an e-moped e from our shop and take a cruise around Picton in the coolest way possible - without breaking a sweat.
We have high quality e-mopeds for hire at just $50 per hour.
The Best Experience
✓ Exclusive No SeaSickness Guarantee
✓ Experience Wild Dolphins
✓ Free Wi-Fi
✓ 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal
✓ Perfect for families - the kids will love it!
✓ Fully Guided - we don't leave you on your own
Free Coffee and Wi-Fi
We are located just minutes from the Interislander ferry terminal, and when you are at our shop, you can use our free Wi-Fi (it's fast!) and customers can enjoy a free coffee or tea.
E-Ko Tours lets you experience Picton/Marlborough better than the rest