Online Marine Guide Diploma Course - Train to become a Marine Guide.
Do you have a love of marine animals?
Would you love to share that passion with people from all over the world?
Then you should become a qualified tour guide - and get paid to do what you love!
As tourism continues to boom in NZ, E-Ko Tours has been selected by the World Cetacean Alliance to offer an exclusive series of qualifications offering genuine career progression as a marine guide.
Online Marine Guide Diploma
This is a self paced online-course, completed at your own pace.
Our training team has created hours of video content that will give you the key knowledge you'll need to gain marine guide diploma.
The course also contains knowledge modules and quizzes you are required to complete.
Key Benefits of the Marine Guide Diploma Course
Our specially designed teaching modules will introduce you to every aspect of guiding and prepare you for leading whale and dolphin watching tours with one of our 120 partner companies worldwide.
This means that you have the ability to travel the world AND share your passion for the amazing creatures you'll become an expert on.
Expert Tuition - E-Ko is located in Picton, NZ with a combined 40 years of guiding experience and an experienced, expert, qualified course director and training manager.
Captain Paul Keating (Course Director) and Miranda Van de Linde (Training Manager) have a combined 40 years of marine guiding experience, and were trusted by the World Cetacean Alliance to operate marine guide courses.
Meet Miranda - Your Training Director.
Once you complete your course you will receive:
- Official WCA Marine Guide Diploma
- A digital copy of the WCA training record book
You can then approach any registered World Cetacean Alliance training facility worldwide to complete a 5 days practical marine guide course to receive the Certified Marine Guide qualification.
E-Ko does offer the 5 day practical course at our base in Picon, New Zealand. Click here for course details.
What you will learn on the online Marine Guide Diploma course.
- Correct searching techniques for whales, dolphins and other wildlife.
- About the Humpback whale migration path and history.
- Seabird behaviour
- How to spot, identify and distinguish between the species in the marine environments.
- How to act in a responsible and sustainable manner around wild animals.
- How to understand and identify animal behaviours – particularly dolphins.
- WCA best practice guidelines
- Binocular use and technique training
- How to deliver the commentary on tours
- The various systems used for guiding
- Pre-tour set-up on both boat and office depending on the tour.
- Learning safe procedures – including setting up the back deck for dolphin swimming, safety briefing, safe swim procedures, emergency procedures, a swimmer in distress procedures and communicating with the skipper.
Cost for the Marine Guide Diploma
The self paced course is just $499, and you can purchase this online now
This online course can be completed anywhere in the world at your own pace and time frame.
It should take between 10-30 days to complete depending on your available time.
Hire An E-Moped
Hire an e-moped e from our shop and take a cruise around Picton in the coolest way possible - without breaking a sweat.
We have high quality e-mopeds for hire at just $50 per hour.
The Best Experience
✓ Exclusive No SeaSickness Guarantee
✓ Experience Wild Dolphins
✓ Free Wi-Fi
✓ 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal
✓ Perfect for families - the kids will love it!
✓ Fully Guided - we don't leave you on your own
Free Coffee and Wi-Fi
We are located just minutes from the Interislander ferry terminal, and when you are at our shop, you can use our free Wi-Fi (it's fast!) and customers can enjoy a free coffee or tea.
E-Ko Tours lets you experience Picton/Marlborough better than the rest