Do you have a love of marine animals?
Would you love to share that passion with people from all over the world?
Then you should become a qualified tour guide - and get paid to do what you love!
The WCA Level 2 CMG Certificate is also accepted by New Zeland Immigration to allow you to apply for an Essential Skills VISA to live and work in New Zealand 🙂
NOW available in 2020; RWDG Course Online
FREE Training Samples below 🙂
WCA Training System
Level 1 - RWD Guide
Level 2 - Certified Marine Guide
Level 3 - Senior Marine Guide
Level4 - Guide Trainer
Level 5 - Course Director
Level 6 - WCA Global Council
WCA Quality Assurance and Global Partnership
E-Ko Tours has been selected by the World Cetacean Alliance to offer a series of qualifications offering career progression as a marine guide. From Level 1 to Level 5.
These Qualifications be recognized by all 120 partners of the World Cetacean Alliance - meaning your qualification can take you all over the globe.
These qualifications will build on existing courses offered by WCA partners wherever possible with the intention of ensuring consistency and trust for partners, for employees and all concerned with responsible tourism.
These courses ensure maximum applicability to other work situations, to opportunities through life-skill development and, through the prestige within the quality assurance systems, to other industries, too.
LEARN MORE BELOW
Certified Marine Guide Practical Course - NOW in 2020 - 5 Days Practical training . Global release Special $799
WCA Certified Marine Guide Course
Professional Level 2
Level 1 - Online RWD Guide Course: NZD $199 ( required )
Level 2- Practical CMG Guide Course 5 - Days at WCA Training Facility: NZD $799
Online Course: Approximately 40 hours
Practical Course: 5 days. 8 am to 1800 Daily. 45 hours of Practical Training
5 Dolphin Watching tours from 1330pm to 1530pm, Practice on Actual Tours with Customers
WCA TRAINING FACILITY LOCATION
No 1 Wellington Street
Picton, New Zealand,
WHEN ARE COURSE DATES?
September 28th-2nd ( Fully Booked )
October 19th-23rd ( Fully Booked )
November 23rd-27th ( 2 Spaces left)
January 18th-22nd ( 4 Spaces left)
February 8th-12th or 22nd-26th
March 8th-12th or 22nd-26th
April 5th-9th or 19th-23rd
May 3rd-7th or 17th-21st
BOOK NOW to become a CMG Guide
Start a Rewarding Career working with Dolphins and Whales
- Lectures and training from seasoned Professionals
- Individual Partner Membership alongside the world’s experts on whales and dolphins (worth £100!)
- Option to get involved with WCA Partner working groups
- Exclusive access to WCA Whale Champions community for a year.
- Quality Covered WCA Training Record Book
- Gain valuable Sea time signed off as Crew.
- Learn how to apply a Check List System to reduce stress
- 5 Tours out enjoying Dolphin or Whale Watching worth $645
- 50% Discount on any E-Ko Tours for 2 Years
- WCA Certified Marine Guide Certificate (CMG)
- Option to apply for Essential Skills Visa to live and work in NZ.
- Listing on the WCA Guide CMG Recruitment page.
- Access to 120 WCA Partners Worldwide
- Individual Partner membership alongside the world’s experts on whales and dolphins (worth $130!)
- Option to get involved with Partner working groups
- Total Value back to you $830 in Benefits
- Complete 3 Core WCA Specialty Courses.
- Complete 3 WCA Marine Mammal Specialty Courses.
- How to Identify Cetaceans at Sea with a Team
- Learn how to act in a Responsible and sustainable manner around wild animals.
- Learn to understand and identify animal behaviors – particularly dolphins.
- Learn how to apply the WCA Global Guidelines in Practice.
- Binocular Training in a Team – become proficient and valuable.
- Learn Guiding Techniques from Seasoned Professionals
- Learn Communication and Presentation and Practice.
- How to Deliver Cetacean Content and Practice.
- Responsible Tourism and WCA practices.
- Boat work and Seamanship in Practice.
REQUIREMENTS TO PASS THE COURSE:
- Complete the Online Course before attending a 5-day Practical Course
- Attend and pass a 5-day Practical Course
- Undertake tasks required of a crew member onboard the boat, working as a team with fellow guides and the captain
- Work according to the various checklist systems
- Use proper searching techniques for dolphins and other wildlife
- Adequately spot, identify and distinguish between species
- Deliver commentary on principal species of marine mammals and seabirds encountered during tours
- Identify and understand animal behaviour, particularly cetaceans
- Become familiar with WCA best practices and local legislation on how to behave around marine mammals.
- Complete 5 specialties
Location, Facilities and Materials
FREE Samples of Online Training Below
Ready to find out more or Book?
Contact Miranda our WCA Guide Trainer: email@example.com
Testimonials of Graduates
WCA Guide Recruitment. Contact Direct CMG Guides available for Work
Hire An E-Moped
Hire an e-moped e from our shop and take a cruise around Picton in the coolest way possible - without breaking a sweat.
We have high quality e-mopeds for hire at just $50 per hour.
The Best Experience
✓ Exclusive No SeaSickness Guarantee
✓ Experience Wild Dolphins
✓ Free Wi-Fi
✓ 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal
✓ Perfect for families - the kids will love it!
✓ Fully Guided - we don't leave you on your own
Free Coffee and Wi-Fi
We are located just minutes from the Interislander ferry terminal, and when you are at our shop, you can use our free Wi-Fi (it's fast!) and customers can enjoy a free coffee or tea.
E-Ko Tours lets you experience Picton/Marlborough better than the rest